- This event has ended.
AFGC WEBINAR | Economic Impacts of COVID-19 on the Australian Economy: 2020 and Beyond
30 April @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The COVID-19 pandemic is having an unprecedented impact on the economy now and the repercussions will continue to be felt for years to come.
In this webinar, economist Warren Hogan will discuss a range of topics relevant to the FMCG sector. These include:
- what is know about the magnitude of the initial shock to the Australian economy.
- Government policy effectiveness and the likely path for the economy through the period of restrictions.
- implications for employment and household incomes.
- global economic impacts and how Australia will be impacted.
- what are the key issues shaping the exit strategy for business and government.
- how the events of 2020 will shape Australia’s economic and political life over the years ahead
|DATE: 30 April 2020
TIME: 3.00 – 4.00pm AEST
THIS IS A FULL MEMBER CEOs/MDs
With over 20 years’ leadership experience in banking and financial markets at NSW Government, Westpac, Credit Suisse and ANZ, Warren Hogan is a global authority on financial markets, and a highly respected strategist and forecaster. As the Chief Economist at ANZ, Warren developed and drove ANZ’s highly successful Super Regional strategy.
He built ANZ Research ito a global network that trebled in size during his tenure. Constantly ranked as a top economist and market strategist over decades, Warren took ANZ Research itself to top level rankings across the Asia region in professional surveys of large corporations and institutional investors. With his ability to communicate complex ideas to broad audiences, Warren is a regular media commentator for channels around the world, including Sky, CNBC, BBC, Bloomberg, CCTV China, and in print for The Economist, Financial Times, Wall St Journal and several top Australian publications. Warren’s authoritative and balanced analysis of factors effecting global markets and future trends is reflected in his comprehensive list of speaking topics.