What is the PIF?
The Product Information Form (PIF) is an industry-agreed questionnaire originally developed by the food industry, for the food industry in Australia and New Zealand. The PIF allows companies to include a variety of information about food products and ingredients in a single document that meets information needs for legal and regulatory compliance in Australia and New Zealand, in a standardised manner.
PIF is an industry tool that can improve company efficiency and reliability in managing product specification and other related data when applied across the sector.
Introducing PIF V6.0
PIF V6.0 features updated content and has been translated to business-to-business software solutions. PIF V6.0 streamlines the process of recording and reporting product information via secure online portals, making it easier and faster to use. Download the PIF V6.0 brochure.
Where can I get PIF V6.0?
PIF V6.0 is available from PIF Vendor companies who are authorised by the AFGC to deliver PIF V6.0 online.
Look out for this logo which is available exclusively to our approved PIF V6.0 vendors.
PIF Tools and Resources
- PIF V6.0 Overview
- PIF V6.0 User Guide
- PIF V6.0 Frequently Asked Questions
- PIF V6.0 Regulatory Map sets out each section of PIF V6.0 and the regulatory reference or guidance that it relates to.
- PIF Change Request including the Change Request Process and the Change Request Form
- A short webinar on the background and fundamentals of the PIF V6.
- User Guide Feedback
- Email questions to PIF@afgc.org.au or to join the PIF User Group
- Get the PIF V6.0 Newsletter – read the latest editions