NOTE: PIF V5 SHOULD NO LONGER BE USED
Product Information Form Version 5 (PIF V5) is no longer supported by the AFGC. PIF V5 contains information which is incomplete, and in come case incorrect. Companies should replace all Version 5 PIFs with PIF V6 to be confident that the information they are storing and sharing about their products reflects current regulatory requirements.
Companies already using PIF V6.0
What is the PIF?
The Product Information Form (PIF) is an industry-agreed questionnaire originally developed by the food industry, for the food industry in Australia and New Zealand. The PIF allows companies to include a variety of information about food products and ingredients in a single document that meets information needs for legal and regulatory compliance in Australia and New Zealand, in a standardised manner.
PIF is an industry tool that can improve company efficiency and reliability in managing product specification and other related data when applied across the sector.
Introducing PIF V6.0
PIF V6.0 features updated content and has been translated to business-to-business software solutions. PIF V6.0 streamlines the process of recording and reporting product information via secure online portals, making it easier and faster to use. Download the PIF V6.0 brochure.
Where can I get PIF V6.0?
PIF V6.0 is available from PIF Vendor companies who are authorised by the AFGC to deliver PIF V6.0 online.
Look out for this logo which is available exclusively to our approved PIF V6.0 vendors.
PIF Tools and Resources
- PIF V6.0 Project Plan Template
- PIF V6.0 Business Case Template
- PIF V6.0 Overview
- PIF V6.0 User Guide
- PIF V6.0 Frequently Asked Questions
- PIF V6.0 Regulatory Map sets out each section of PIF V6.0 and the regulatory reference or guidance it relates to.
- PIF Change Request including the Change Request Process and the Change Request Form
- A short webinar on the background and fundamentals of the PIF V6.
- Webinar 1 – Ingredient Declaration (Section 2.1)
- Webinar 2 – Country of Origin (Section 2.2)
- Webinar 3 – Allergen Information (Section 3.2)
- Webinar 4 – Q&A Open House
- Webinar 5 – Q&A – 1 September 2020
- Webinar 6 – AFGC PIF V6.0 Implementation Roadmap, June 2021 and presentation.
- Webinar 7 – V6.0 Update for the Food Industry, 7 Dec 2021 and presentation.
- User Guide Feedback
- PIF V6.0 User Survey 2020/21 results
- Product Information Form – new release 6.1 (PIF 6 R6.1) and presentation.
- Email questions to PIF@afgc.org.au or to join the PIF User Group