Since 1995, the Australian Food and Grocery Council has operated as the leading industry association for the food and grocery supply industry. We are driven by the purpose of sustaining Australia. A summary of our strategic plan that ensures we make a positive impact is outlined below.
Purpose Vision and Mission
- Purpose: Sustaining Australia
- Vision: a thriving and trusted Australian food and grocery supply industry, delivering jobs, economic growth and helping people to live well.
- Mission: to be the voice of the Australian food and grocery industry and a valued service provider to members.
Organisational goal, direction and values
- Goal: to be a progressive, influential and sustainable organisation with the capacity and capability to create member value and drive industry outcomes.
- Direction: to grow membership by building relationships with organisations that are alinged to our purpose and deliver strong and enduring value to both parties.
- Values: integrity, collaboration and innovation.
- Proactively influence the industry’s agenda
- Facilitate pre-competitive collective action
- Deliver valuable insights and connectivity for members
- Operate a sustainable, efficient and effective organisation
- Advocate for a strengthening of the Food and Grocery Code of Conduct through the Code Review
- Sustaining Australia – government relations and public affairs campaign
- Play a partnership role in the preventative health regulatory agenda, including through self regulation, HSR Review and Healthy Partnership
- Play a partnership role in the packaging and food waste agenda
- Enhance systems and processes for member recruitment and engagement