How we help members
The Economics and Trade team collaborates with relevant stakeholders to gather insights and report on issues paramount to members including exports, innovation, investment and employment.
We engage with government officials, regulators and agencies to advocate for policies that promote sustainable economic growth for members and across the industry.
With nearly a quarter of all food and grocery products manufactured in Australia now being exported to overseas markets, AFGC also advocates on a range of international trade issues, and offers members education, resources and services to improve access to overseas markets.
AFGC has commissioned economics reports for members and the wider industry:
- SOI Annual ‘State of the Industry’ report. AFGC members will also have full online access to the data behind the 2021-22 State of the Industry and the ability to compile reports specific to their category or organisation’s needs.
- Regional reports (Northern Victoria, Western NSW)
You can access trade support tools and resources including:
- AFGC’s Exporting to China website offers market insights, updates, resources and tools – including a chat bot that finds answers to your China export queries.
- AFGC China Access Industry Guide provides an overview and scope of what is required to secure sustainable China market access for food exports.
- The AFGC Food and Beverage Export Guide to Indonesia will assist Australian food and beverage manufacturers to gain important new insights and information about export opportunities in Indonesia.
- Summary of Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) and sanitary or photosanitary (SPS) regulatory notifications issued by key trade countries for AFGC members only.
Members can stay informed of international trade issues relevant to their business by subscribing to AFGC’s bi-monthly Trade Update.
Grow your business. Become a member to access time-saving, business enhancing resources and tools. If you are responsible for trade and passionate about advancing the sector’s reach into international markets, enquire about joining the International Trade Advisory Group.