The Food and Grocery Code of Conduct (Code) introduces a new regime for fair dealing between suppliers and retailers.
The AFGC and NextGen have developed a Code training program for suppliers to help them understanding of Code obligations, legal requirements and how to effectively use the Code in price negotiations.
The training covers:
- 2018 FGCC Review update and recommendations
- Code obligations and their intent and application i.e. waste and shrinkage, deductions, promotions etc.
- The impact on the trading relationship
- Managing the code in your day to day engagement with customers
At the conclusion of the program, delegates will complete an online assessment, and if successful will be awarded the AFGC Code of Conduct certificate. This accreditation compliments the typical trade practices training suppliers undertake.
Successfully integrating the Code across all customer facing business functions will ensure its success within your organisation, however following roles are likely to get the most from this training:
- Commercial and accounts
- Supply chain
- Category and insights
This training can be accessed in the following way:
- In house – we come to you and deliver a program based on your needs.
- Open – regular sessions are held capital cities around Australia. Look for upcoming dates on our events calendar
- Online – for self-directed learning and those unable to attend an open or in-house programs.