The Food and Grocery Code of Conduct (Code) introduces a new regime for fair dealing between suppliers and retailers.
The AFGC and NextGen have developed a Code training program for suppliers to help their understanding of Code obligations, legal requirements and how to effectively use the Code in price negotiations.
The training covers:
- Code obligations and their intent and application i.e. good faith, waste and shrinkage, deductions, promotions etc. This will include the new obligations introduced in October 2020.
- The impact on the trading relationship
- Managing the code in your day to day engagement with customers
At the conclusion of the program, delegates will complete an online assessment, and if successful will be awarded the AFGC Code of Conduct certificate. This accreditation compliments the typical Competition and Consumer law training suppliers undertake.
Successfully integrating the Code across all customer facing business functions will ensure its success within your organisation, however the following roles are likely to get the most from this training:
- Commercial and accounts
- Supply chain
- Category and insights
This training can be accessed in the following way:
- In house – we come to you and deliver a program based on your needs. This can be delivered in person or virtually.
- Online – for self-directed learning.