Media, Corporate Affairs and Government Relations
The AFGC communicates the fast moving consumer good industry’s values and policy priorities to the Government, regulators, consumers and the media. We aim to build and maintain a strong reputation of the industry, and find common ground with all levels of government and stakeholders. We work in partnership with key participants in the industry to ensure our industry is safe, productive and that consumers have confidence in it.
WHAT WE DO
The AFGC combines Corporate Affairs, Government Relations, media communications, member communications, issues management, corporate and social responsibility and strategic advice both within AFGC and to general stakeholders.
- Support and strategic media advice for members.
- Prepare and distribution of media releases, speeches, opinion pieces and advocacy documents. Media releases – click here to download.
- Advice on media and government relations strategy for reports and submissions
- Advocacy to government, media and stakeholders on industry trends and policy.
- Build, develop and strengthen strategic relationships with primary and secondary stakeholders – including activist and consumer groups – as well as corporate affairs/government relations managers from member companies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of communication strategies, public relations programs and publications to raise the profile of the AFGC and the food, beverage and grocery manufacturing industry.
- Liaise with relevant international industry bodies including the NZFGC, FDF and IGD.
James Mathews, Director, Communications