The Australian Food and Grocery Council (ACN 068 732 883) (“AFGC”) values its relationship with members, stakeholders and the public and is committed to protecting your privacy. AFGC is bound by the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth).
Collection and use of personal information
In the course of conducting its business, AFGC will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. For example, AFGC may collect personal information from you when you:
- access the Member Centre on the Website (which may include the collection of your IP address); and
- request information, publications or other materials to be sent to you from AFGC.
AFGC does not require individuals to provide any sensitive information, or actively seek this information. If you do provide sensitive information to us for any reason, you consent to us collecting that information.
AFGC may use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, and other purposes to which you have consented; as disclosed to you when the information is collected; and as otherwise authorised or required by law.
Disclosure of personal information
AFGC will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- to third parties appointed by AFGC which assist AFGC to perform services or provide products (in which case AFGC requires these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than for the purpose of performing those services or providing those products);
- in exceptional circumstances, AFGC may be required or authorised by law to disclose personal information, for example to law enforcement authorities or to prevent a serious threat to public safety;
- with your consent; or
- where otherwise consistent with the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and any other applicable law.
AFGC may use national or overseas facilities to process or back up information and as a result, may transfer your personal information to national or overseas facilities.
Security of personal information
AFGC will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information which we hold about you secure. However, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, AFGC excludes all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Any person may seek access to personal information which AFGC holds about that person and we will provide access to that information in accordance with the Act. There are certain exemptions which may apply to the provision of that information. We may require that the person requesting access provide suitable identification and we may charge an administration fee for granting access to information.
If you become aware that any personal information which we hold about you is incorrect, you may contact AFGC to correct or update that information.
Requests for access to, or to correct or update, personal information held by AFGC should be sent to the contact details below.
If you have any questions or concerns about AFGC’s collection, use or disclosure of personal information, contact us at
or Locked Bag 1, Kingston ACT 2604.